Angel hair for kids

HomeForumsOff-TopicGeneral Off-TopicAngel hair for kids

This topic has 8 voices, contains 25 replies, and was last updated by  stavy 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts

horselover
June 3, 2008 at 3:53 pm

horselover
June 3, 2008 at 3:53 pm

link

I’d like to donate to this cause, both financially and with my own hair donation.

But I’d also like to fundraise with the help of others.

I’d like to raise a fair amount for them since I realize how expensive it is for them to make wigs. They’d have enough from me to make 2 wigs.

Going through a cancer scare myself last summer, I’ve been growing my hair for this exact purpose, to donate it, and try to raise money at the same time.

Now, I will shave it all off if I can raise enough, and that won’t be an easy thing for me to do, as I’ve had long hair for many, many years.

So if anyone’s willing to help out, or knows others who would do so, let me know.

tater03
June 3, 2008 at 3:58 pm

So you are looking for donations. I have really long hair and I usually donate it to “Lock of Love” which I was going to do here in the next couple of weeks. I have never heard of Angel hair though. I would love to donate to this cause.

horselover
June 3, 2008 at 4:09 pm

The hair salon is based out of Kingston Ontario, but the donations go to the donations people out in Mississauga Ontario.

I am going to accept donations via Paypal, then send them a check from my bank along with my hair once I’ve raised enough, or donations can be sent via check, I’ll give out my mailing address.

justjoy
June 4, 2008 at 4:59 am

This is great and I’d be willing to donate. When are you going to begin accepting donations via PayPal?

horselover
June 4, 2008 at 3:36 pm

I’m taking donations anytime, just PM me for my Paypal info.

debrajean45
June 6, 2008 at 1:15 am

What an inspiration, horselover. I’ve also heard of Locks of Love, Angel Hair is new to me, as well.

tater03
June 6, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Thank you for the information. I don’t have any money currently in my Paypal right this second but should next week. This is such a great cause.

horselover
June 7, 2008 at 2:32 am

No big rush right now, whenever, and just PM me for my Paypal address.

atula
June 7, 2008 at 6:15 am

This is something I am hearing for the first time…and surely would not mind donating my hair for a good cause..here in India we have some temples like in tirupati where people from all across the world come and shave off there hair…it is later used to make wigs so I believe….
I have heard in a day they have around 100 kg of hair!!!!

horselover
June 7, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Wow, that’s amazing. Well, they certainly won’t get that much from me, but my donation will be a start.

Kitten
June 12, 2008 at 5:14 am

We do this. I donated something like 15 inches my first time, and since then I’ve donated smaller amounts. My hair grows fairly quickly and it’s nice to give back.

horselover
June 13, 2008 at 1:42 am

Mine’s starting to become a hassle at work, so I need to cut it off soon.

If anyone knows where I can promote a fund raising campaign, I’d like to know.

stavy
June 13, 2008 at 9:01 am

Horselover, i use an online donations service when i fund raise for cancer research… find out if these people a re accepting online donations, and set up a webpage for yourself. Then add the link to your signature in all the forums you visit..

here is a link to my last fundraising opage.. i got donations from all over the world, and with no hassle about collecting.

link

stavy
June 13, 2008 at 9:15 am

rats.. won’t let me edit…

Justgiving are an online donations service that will let you set up a page for any charity, and collect on your behalf. They are safe and secure and can be used worldwide. I’ve made donations to various causes all over he world using this service. link

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.