Summer in Australia is just around the corner, and that means prepping your hair for holiday celebrations, trips to the beach, and maybe just giving yourself a new look for the new season ahead.
As experts in hair colour and hair styling on the Gold Coast, the team at Mow Hair have all of the tips and tricks you need to make this summer a great one for you and your hair!
Summer Hair Trends
For many of us, summer is the time to try new things with our hair, whether this means a fresh new hair colour for the Gold Coast summer or a cut that you have been waiting to try. Here are some top summer hair trends for your inspiration:
- Pearl blonde- a sister to the very popular platinum blonde, pearl blonde gives your hair a stunning, iridescent shine. This hair colour takes a lot of dedication and maintenance, but the results are so worth it.
- Bronde balayage- If blonde and brown were to make a baby, you’d get bronde. This low maintenance look is very hot for summer 2021/ 2022.
- Money piece- Brighten up your face with a money piece that is in a lighter shade than the rest of your hair.
- Blunt ends- chop off all those split ends and enjoy a fresh, new look with a blunt cut in a length that suits you.
- Wolf cut- Yes, the wolf cut will still be a very big trend this summer as it really hasn’t lived to see its full potential yet.
- Curtain bangs- Try out bangs without having to commit to a fringe that requires a lot of maintenance.
- Head scarfs- head scarfs are definitely making a comeback in a big way. With so many colours and prints, the opportunities are endless.
- Wild west hats- embrace your inner cowboy and protect your hair at the same time!
- Hair rings- Hair rings threaded through plaits take your summer hairstyle to the next level!
Tips and Tricks for Warm Weather and Spending More Time Outdoors
Looking after your hair in the summer is all about protecting it. You’re more than likely going to spending more time outdoors in the elements, as well as styling it more, so here are a few hair care tips for when things start heating up!
- Wear a hat outdoors- one of the best things you can do for your hair, and skin, is to protect it by wearing a hat when you spend extended time outdoors.
- Rinse your hair after you’ve been swimming- Don’t let saltwater and chlorine damage your hair. Always rinse your hair after swimming.
- Invest in a treatment- Yes, salon treatments can be pricey, but they are worth it. The beginning of summer would be the perfect time to invest in something like a keratin treatment to protect your hair and make it more manageable.
- Prevent tangles- tangles and knots can cause hair loss and damage. Make sure you brush your hair often and sleep with it in a plait if you’re prone to tangling hair.
Our Favourite Products for this Summer
At Mow Hair, one of our favourite haircare brands is Kerastase. They have been around for decades, and their formulas are truly second to none! Some of our absolute favourite Kerastase products that we would recommend for the upcoming summer months include:
- Elixir Ultime- This hair oil is ideal for all hair types. It nourishes your hair while giving it a gorgeous, glossy shine!
- Fresh Affair Dry Shampoo- Perfect for popping in your handbag and giving your hair a little pick-me-up whenever it is looking a little greasy.
- Blonde Absolu Ultra-Violet Hair mask- Keep the brassy tones out of your blonde hair with this incredible hair mask.
- Genesis Anti-Breakage Fortifying Hair Serum- Protect your hair this summer with a hair serum that is built to give your hair the protection that it deserves.
If you buy 3 or more of any of Kerastase products, you’ll receive a free travel-sized dry shampoo (limited time offer).
looking for expert hairdressers on the Gold Coast? Get in touch with Mow Hair on +(07) 5538 4420 to book an appointment. In your consultation, we’ll be able to offer you the very best advice for helping turn your hair goals for the summer into a reality. We have had years of experience in hair styling on the Gold Coast and are your premium choice when it comes to getting the ideal style for your lifestyle and hair goals!